The Benefits of Membership
- Members have the opportunity to show their work in Oakland, in the Uptown Arts District, and participate in the Oakland Art Murmur, a well-attended and publicized event held on the first Friday of each month.
- By participating in all aspects of running the gallery, members gain an increased level of professional development based on their own interests and motivation. Members initiate and/or choose the gallery projects they wish to explore including planning and participating in exhibitions, maintaining the gallery, hanging shows, publicity and promotions, etc.
Responsibilities of Membership
- Members are asked to make a minimum one year commitment.
- Pay monthly dues with all money going toward rent, supplies and operating costs.
- Gallery-sit each month.
- Attend first Friday openings if possible.
- Attend a group meeting which meets once a month. At this meeting, we discuss issues, concerns, projects and make decisions by a consensus process.
- Members are encouraged to bring new ideas, develop existing plans, and inspire the direction Mercury 20 takes. Members are expected to be active on committees as needed.
Mercury 20 seeks innovative, self-directed members who will be active in gallery operations, events and projects. We are looking for residents of the East Bay. If you are interested in being considered for membership, please email us an application including:
- 5 images of recent work (Website link or jpegs)
- List of images with title, size, medium and year
- Letter of interest with contact info. If you have experience as a curator, with exhibitions, art writing, carpentry, grant writing, etc. please give details.
Email application materials to: email@example.com