The Benefits of Membership
- Members will show their work in the Uptown Arts District in Oakland, CA.
- Members will have the opportunity to sell their work live in the gallery and in the gallery’s online Shop.
- By participating in all aspects of running the gallery, members gain an increased level of professional development based on their own interests and motivation. Members initiate and/or choose the gallery projects they wish to explore including planning and participating in exhibitions, maintaining the gallery, hanging shows, publicity and promotions, etc.
- Members will be part of a vibrant, supportive community of artists in the East Bay.
Responsibilities of Membership
- Members are asked to make a minimum one year commitment.
- Pay monthly dues with all money going toward rent, supplies and operating costs.
- Gallery-sit each month..
- Attend a group meeting which meets once a month. At this meeting, we discuss issues, concerns, projects and make decisions by a consensus process.
- Members are encouraged to bring new ideas, develop existing plans, and inspire the direction Mercury 20 takes. Members are expected to be active on committees as needed.
Mercury 20 seeks innovative, self-directed members who will be active in gallery operations, events and projects. We are looking for residents of the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are interested in being considered for membership, please send us an email including:
- 6 images of recent work (Website link or jpegs)
- List of images with title, size, medium and year
- Art resume
- Letter of interest with contact info. If you have experience as a curator, with exhibitions, art writing, carpentry, grant writing, etc. please give details.
Email materials to: email@example.com